Saturday, April 10, 2010

CHOCOLATE!





(Hershey, PA 10-13 April) I know you've dreamed of having all the chocolate you could ever desire right at your fingertips haven't you? Personally I'm not a big chocolate lover, I'd take some Good N Plenty's or Sweettarts before I'd choose chocolate but then I'm a bit odd anyway. So finding myself surrounded by the sight, sounds and smells of chocolate didn't cause me to lose control like it might someone else. Hershey is another absolutely beautiful Pennsylvania town. Clean, neat, beautiful lawns and homes. Lots of friendly people (I think they put something in the chocolate to medicate them). We did the trolley tour of the town which was really interesting. Milton Hershey was quite an amazing man who gave and is still giving even in his death to young and old alike (for more on the way his fortune in chocolate continues to improve the lives of children go to Hershey School. The town in many ways is one huge monument to all he has done for the town and for mankind. And besides that it smells like chocolate! Really though, we enjoyed ourselves and even bought some chocolate because our daughter Katie doesn't know that you can buy the very same chocolate in stores so we had to buy her some! One of the fun things of coming here was that we stayed in the very same campground that my parents stayed in many years ago when they traveled in their RV; the Camp Ranger's name was Roy (my dads name)! I wish they were here so I could share our adventures with them in person. I know they have front row seats in Heaven and are getting a kick out of our many RV adventures...and misadventures !

No comments:

Post a Comment