Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Andy, Barney, Opie and Aunt Bea








(Mt Airy, NC: 22 Feb 2010) My friend Pam and I share a love for the Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy. So while she may own the Andy Griffith Board Game I was able to actually visit "Mayberry", or at least the town that claims to be Mayberry! Mt. Airy, North Carolina, where Andy Griffith once lived has taken on the appearance of Mayberry. We visited the Andy Griffith Playhouse & Memorabilia Collection, took a picture of Floyd's Barber Shop (where a man who looks remarkably like Floyd was cutting hair). He actually took our picture to put on his wall; so if you ever go there see if you can find us! We ate lunch at Snappy Lunch, the only restaurant in town that Andy spoke of going to eat at. Then we got some candy at Opie's Candy Store. We visited the courthouse where I entered Otis' cell and Ed sat behind Andy's desk to make an important phone call. Next door was Wally's Gas Station where we were tempted to buy one of Goober's famous hats but felt that would have been going a bit too far! While it really looked nothing like what I envisioned Mayberry looking like, it was fun and we met some interesting people. But the most important thing is that I one upped Pam and sent her a postcard telling her so!

Now besides Pam does anyone know if or how Andy and Barney were related?????

1 comment: