Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Conquering 2 Fears at the Royal Gorge







(Canon City, CO: 7 July 2010) We also took a day trip to the Royal Gorge and, yes, I actually walked across the bridge! It is 1250 feet down and I don't remember much about it except that I was terrified. They even let cars on it while you're walking across! I wasn't the only one questioning things. I overheard a little boy walking behind me say, "I don't think this is a good idea," and I agreed with him! But it was beautiful. I remember going when I was about 8 and I certainly appreciated the beauty of it a lot more this time!
I ran the last 100 feet coming back. Ed was taking a video of me and put the camera in my face and said, "Say, something for the camera." "Two fears conquered," I said. "Heights and bridges"! Well, maybe just tamed for once...probably not conquered!

No comments:

Post a Comment