Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DOD

Is it possible to experience Disney Over Dose? After a day and a half of giggling teenagers, crying children, screaming babies, cranky parents, being crammed like sardines on the monorail or ferry, hurrying from one place to the next in order to stand in line for 10-50 minutes for a ride, eating corn dogs, funnel cakes, caramel corn, hamburgers, french fries and cokes, I say a resounding YES! Leaving the park last night, if one more person had told me to have a "magical day" I might have snapped. Fortunately, Ed got me out of there before that could happen. Now you know I'm kidding, right? Of course Disney World is great but I've come to realize that what makes it great is seeing it through the eyes of children. Sure the fireworks were fantastic, the parade was great, some of the shows we saw were fun and educational. But during the course of the ride or show or fireworks or parade I would find myself scanning the crowd to watch for the look of wonder and excitement in the children's eyes. Their cries of Ariel, or Mickey or Cinderella or whoever was there made me look in that direction with expectancy of what I would see. What to me was a boring ride became a great adventure when I watched a little girl or boy cringe in fear from a fake crocodile or jump up and down when seeing a fake Tinkerbell fly by. So I think Disney needs to have a rule for those entering the Magic Kingdom...NO ADULTS ALLOWED UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A CHILD!

No comments:

Post a Comment